Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Matter of Perspective

I was reading a meditation in "God Calling" today about perspective. It had to do with going out, service, and meditation or prayer, spending time with God. Most of us spend our lives in the "going out" phase and try to set aside some of what we have left over for God. The perspective of the meditation was that if we viewed all of our time as being with God and set aside some for "going out" stuff, we would do a better job of everything we do on both levels. The meditation didn't advise use about where we put our body, but where we put our mind as our body carries out necessary tasks or service work. That seemed to me to relate to stewardship. If I started my day with the question to God, "What are we going to do in the world today to further building your kingdom on earth?" I wonder how my day would go?

No comments:

Post a Comment