Friday, September 28, 2012

Extravagant Generosity

On October 7 First Church will embark on our 2012 financial stewardship emphasis. The theme has been publicized and I hope you have noticed it. Your leadership during this time will be of the greatest value. Part of the church-wide study includes use of a devotional book. The first devotion is very hard on the word stewardship. I got really defensive when I read this chapter. Cooling down a little, I realized the intent of the author, but I respectfully disagree with his premise that we need to use the word, generosity, instead of stewardship. Please pick up one of the devotional books on September 30 and think about the word use and questions at the end of the first chapter. I'd love to hear from some of you with your thoughts on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment